With so much emphasis put on protecting the environment these days there is a growing community expectation that not only you but also the companies that supply you are demonstrating good environmental practices. As a preferred supplier of printed products to the Automotive Industry the IAME Print Shop have implemented environmentally sound work practices based on and measured with the Sustainable Green Print (SGP) Principles.
Sustainable Green Print (SGP) is the Australian printing industry's own recognisable certification program designed to help printing companies meet their environmental responsibilities and go above and beyond compliance. Based on an ISO14001 framework, SGP is tailored to meet business requirements, the demands of our customers and the changing trends in dealing with managing environmental responsibility.
So how does a commercial printer go about reducing the impact of its activities on the environment? Following is some the action taken by responsible printing companies:
• The introduction of energy- efficient printing presses
• New technology platforms such as computer to plate and digital workflow
• Paper sourced from approved paper merchant assuring paper is acquired from sustainable forests
• The use of environmentally friendly inks
• Reduced water consumption
• Monitor and measure waste streams
• Increasing recycling of printing consumables
A copy of our IAME Print Shop Environmental Policy is available on request via Fax or Email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
For a copy of our Environmental Policy please contact phone 07 3715 7595